Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Once upon a time...

Fairytale Girls...

I like to imagine Little Red Riding Hood AS the big bad wolf. She's no victim.

Beauty and the Beast...Will there ever be a tale where the handsome prince is in love with a beastly girl?

You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your handsome prince.

Every girl needs their beauty sleep.

Cinderella is the classic rags to riches tale that told us girls to dream big. Why marry a normal schmo when you can find a prince to save us from life's drudgery.

Who can forget the Gothic tale of Snow White...

I have been busy here at the doll house working on new doll faces with a fairytale theme... the first of the girls of course was Alice!

More fairytale girls to be continued ...

7 comments:

  1. He he he! Sweet! I especially love Alice with the White Rabbit in a tea cup!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you! I love how her expression turned out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you so excited about the upcoming Alice in Wonderland movie? I cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep! I love 3d, its going to be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you artwork is so fabulous. i just adore each girl's expression in these pieces. i can't wait to see more of the fairy tale girls. best wishes! xo, juliette

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw, thanks! I never know what they are gonna look like 'til i'm done with the illustration, I try to do it without much planning or forethought....sometimes they are cute sometimes kinda funky looking!

    ReplyDelete