Monday, June 7, 2010

Back to the Sea...

Some works in progress that are inspired by the sea.



Above the girls are in the under-painting stage...I started the painting below in acrylic but have since switched over to oils, which is a superior medium for blending and getting a dreamier look.

I will post the next layers and stages as soon as they are ready to be revealed!

One can't help but to think about our oceans lately...I have been quite inspired by the ocean and all its creatures so I will be doing a series of these paintings...Back to the Sea.


We need to be better stewards of our beautiful oceans...



1 comment:

  1. Sandee! I ADORE your work as well! I've only just stumbled across it now.
    Wow - it's great to see another mummy artist that is dealing with the problems of having a little munchkin running around while you're trying to create!
    I'm very inspired by the ocean and it's creatures as well. I've got a thing for octopi (octopusses?)...
    I'll be following from now on...
    Jaz x

    ReplyDelete