Sunday, March 21, 2010

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland


I finally saw the movie with my Best Friend! I thought it was a fun, light and entertaining movie.

The look and "sets" of the movie did not disappoint.

The girl cast as Alice had a fresh and sour puss face, perfect as teen angst-sy Alice. The young Alice was adorable and I wished she was more prominent in the movie flashbacks.

Loved the Mad Hatter character played perfectly by the brilliant Johnny Depp (though I still liked him the best in 21 jump st, before he started donning the weird get-ups, face makeup+bizarre mannerisms and accents.)

Ms. Helena has always been one of my favorite actresses since Room with a View (before she started donning the weird get-ups, face makeup+bizarre mannerisms and accents) and she played this part perfectly. Loved her bulbous head! (I have a thing for oversized heads I am sure you've noticed)

The Cheshire Cat is possibly my favorite character in this movie (and the hound dog a close second).

I know alot of people gave this movie a thumbs down but if you don't go in expecting them to follow the original story and just want to be entertained then this movie delivered. I did feel that the whole "epic battle" and the St. Joan of Wonderland aspect a bit predictable but that is Hollywood for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment